Monday, April 12, 2010

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz



I've started working with a different approach to colouring my images since a few weeks. One of my graphical colleagues suggested I choose the general colour of lighting for the image and on top I start painting the lightest areas, the focus point of your image, first. What I used to do, well most of the time, is block in all the areas of my image with colour, and on top of that I would paint the lighting, or at least attempt. So far it has led to extremely frustating hours, where I am totally lost in what I am doing, and some minutes where it felt really clear and instinctive what I was doing ... so I think I will stick to this approach for a while, so I experience some more of those clear minutes ...

...and here's some of my process from Oz...



No comments:

Post a Comment